Position: Western Armenia Tour Guide
Job Description: Lead groups of tourists on sightseeing tours or in Western Armenia and Cilicia, providing commentary about points of interest and ensuring the safety and comfort of tour group members.
Application Procedure: Please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Describe tour points of interest to group members, and respond to questions.
- Offer specialist knowledge in areas such as history, culture, art, or architecture.
- Accommodate all client requests to ensure their satisfaction.
- Make local arrangements for food and accommodation at stop over points.
- Arrange for transportation for guests during tour, as well as before and after.
- Distribute brochures, show audiovisual presentations, and explain establishment processes and operations at tour sites.
- Monitor visitors' activities to ensure compliance with establishment or tour regulations and safety practices.
- Address all client complaints.
- Provide for physical safety of groups, performing such activities as pro-viding first aid and directing emergency evacuations.
- Armenian History — Knowledge of Armenian historical events and their causes, indicators, and effects on civilizations and cultures including knowledge of Religion, culture, art, architecture, and economy.
- Flora and Fauna of the Armenian Highland and Cilicia — Knowledge of how to identify and describe key features of flora and fauna found in Armenian Highland and Cilicia.
- Geography — Knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of land, sea, and air masses, including their physical characteristics, locations, interrelationships, and distribution of plant, animal, and human life.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations.
- Ethics in Tourism — Knowledge of principles and values involved in creating an environment of mutual trust and respect among tourism operators and customers.
Skills and abilities:
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Foreign Language — Communicating effectively in English. At least very basic knowledge of Turkish is a must.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Environmental Awareness — Understanding which types of activities are potentially harmful to the environment and finding alternatives to avoid them.
- Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
- Leadership — Motivating and coordinating group members towards a common established goal.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- First Aid – Needs a general knowledge of first aid and practical procedures to assist someone who may be come injured or ill while on a tour. Including how to provide immediate aid and how to secure proper medical attention.
Design your tour here.
IV Century Churches and Monasteries
The Miraculous Khachkars
UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Dadivank Monastery (Khutavank) (I-XIII cc.)
A monastery founded at the end of the I century AD and named after one of the disciples of Juda (Thaddeus) the Apostle, St. Dadi, who was martyred preaching Christianity in the Eastern parts of Armenia.